PVC/PTGA LOBSTERFEST FISHING TOURNAMENT
Early Registration Starts on Monday June 8th and ends on Tuesday June 16th at 5 p.m. Registration forms will available at the Placencia Village Council Office.
Early Registration Advantage, $100 per boat;
Angler/Captain, $35; Junior Angler, $20
Registrationcost after June 16th will be: $125 per boat; Angler/Captain - $45; Junior Angler - $25
All boat captains must attend Captain's Meeting to be held at The Tipsy Tuna Seaside Restaurant on Friday June 19th; meeting starts at 6 p.m. Anglers are encouraged to attend. Official Tournament T-shirts will be distributed to all participating anglers and captains at the meeting. Registered boat captains will receive their ten gallons of gas from UNO Belize Ltd. after the Captain's Meeting down at the Placencia Pier where there will be a blessing of the boats ceremony after all boats have registered.
* Start time/Finish time – All boats must start at the dock and be back at the dock at finish time on the day of the tournament – NO EXCEPTIONS.
**ALL BOATS MUST BE SIGNED IN BY 5:30 P.M. TO QUALIFY FOR WEIGH-IN. SATURDAY, June 20th Tournament starts at 5:00 a.m. and all boats must be back at the dock by to 5:30 p.m. for WEIGH IN at 6:00pm!
QUALIFY FOR WEIGH-IN. SATURDAY, June 20th 2015
Tournament starts at 5:00 a.m. and all boats must be back at the dock by to 5:30 p.m. for WEIGH IN at 6:00pm
• Fish may not be transferred from one boat to another boat.
• Minimum weights apply as stated below.
• No change of anglers will be allowed after registration on the Friday evening preceding the tournament.
• Maximum number of people per boat is not to exceed FIVE
• IGFA rules apply for all qualifying fish. (Please see below for specific details of rules.)
• Prizes are as announced.
• Live bait is allowed as well as Lures.
• NOTE: Anglers are encouraged to obtain a Belize Sport Fishing License (if you are not a license fishing Guide or fisherman) in accordance with the laws of Belize.
• Any protest concerning to conduct or rules violation must be reported to the tournament judges. Judges have the right to inspect Coolers and boats if necessary.
BOATS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CARRY A SCALE ON BOARD TO WEIGH FISH AS THEY ARE CAUGHT IN ORDER TO CATCH AND RELEASE FISH THAT HAVE NO HOPE OF MAKING THE MINIMUM QUALIFYING WEIGHT.
Kingfish (3 pts per lb) Minimum, 8 lbs
Barracuda (1 pt per lb) Minimum, 12 lbs
Jack (1 pt per lb), Minimum, 10 lbs
- Wahoo (5 pts per lb), Minimum, 15 lbs
- Dorado (5 pts per lb), Minimum, 7 lbs
- Tuna (3 pts per lb), Minimum, 5 lbs